Monday, May 4, 2009

Kids are so funny...

Hadley takes violin with one of her best buddies, Carson.  Last week at her lesson I brought Tred.  After the lesson Carson and her big bro, Kade, were wanting to check Tred out.  He was laying on the floor checking them out as well.  Hads came over as if she were showing him off...she is a proud big sis.  Kade said, "He is so cute."  And, dear Carson followed up as a matter of fact with "He's so bu-rown (brown:)."  We all laughed and packed up our violins. 

On the way home Hadley asked me "Is Tred really brown, Mom?"  I said "Yes, isn't he handsome? " She agreed and was left to ponder this new bit of information.  

I love that she never even realized he looked different.  I hope she always sees that way.  My kids are not perfect, but I want to be like Hadley and see people the way she does.

ps...this was for you Jamie

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That is beautiful...and funny! :) Ellie was 6 before she ever even noticed that a friend of hers had "brown" skin. I love the honestness of children!

Jamie Jo said...

I am SO proud of your blogging recently! Keep it up! It makes me feel at home! :)