Saturday, January 3, 2009

THE Meeting

I have thought about what our adoption journey would look like almost daily for the last 5 years. Wondering...Where is the mom right now? When will it happen? Will it be a boy or girl? What will he or she look like? What name will we pick? So many unknowns. But, I always knew one thing...I wanted to meet her, I wanted to tell her a few things...
1) God loves you so much and so do we. There is nothing that can seperate you from His love-ever.
2) You are so brave for choosing life for your child. This process can't be easy and I admire you so much for your decision.
3) We have been praying for you for a long time, we still pray for you, and will continue to pray for you.
4) Thank you for choosing us. Thank you for blessing us with the incredible gift of a child...your child. You know more about the sacrifice our God made than I do in this moment. He is proud of you, and still He loves you.
5) Our child will always know about you, and in our home your name will always be praised. He will bless your name and you will be honored.

In a few days, we get the opportunity to do this. I am sick to my stomach with nervousness, and at the same time excited to lay eyes on this woman I do not even know. I want to look in her eyes, feel her belly and hug her neck! (if she will let me:) I fear I have dreamt of this day too much and have too much expectation. In spite of that, I will hope for the best and pray there will be a wonderful connection between the two of us...two mothers that love the same child.

I have finally figured this whole blog thing out...and will keep it updated with the details of meeting our birthmother and of the adoption. I know many of you I have not even spoken to yet, and I hope this gives you a glimpse of what is going on in the Houston world!

You have receiced a spirit of adoption. When we cry, "Abba! Father!" it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Chirst-if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him. Romans 8:15-17

9 comments:

dawn said...

So excited for you, Melissa. We will be praying too.

Dawn Funderburk

Shelley said...

Oh Melissa, How incredible! We'll be praying for you too. We won't be at preschool next week, but when we get back, I hope to hear all about it! Oh, and welcome to blogland. :)

Heather said...

Hey! Excited to see the blog up and running and be able to check in for updates! Love you guys and are praying for you. Let me know if you need help with the girls.

Berg said...

I'm so excited for your family and will be praying about these next important steps! Miss you all!

Laura Berg

Corby and Lauren said...

We are SO thrilled for y'all and are looking forward to watching this journey!!! We love you and are praying for you!

plainlyjane said...

Matt and Melissa,
So excited! I know you're just down the street but since we don't catch up as much as I'd like I'll follow you here too! Praying for ya!
Jane

Abi' K. said...

Ohhhh, I have already bought clothes for him!!! Can't wait to see you soon...will be in Spfd. LOTS over the next month or so. Wanna meet for lunch maybe???

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am beyond excited for y'all....and will be praying!! Adoption is the most incredible thing ever...can't wait to watch your journey.

love,
Lindsey

AngelaJennings said...

gosh all those things you wrote are so moving! I pray all this is received well and that your heart is clearly seen. You guys are great parents!